The Accounting Manager provides support to and is a critical part of the organization’s accounting department. The Accounting Manager works with management on a daily basis. This position may have oversite of AP/AR, Treasury, Payroll, Audit and Reporting.
• Managing the timely monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes
• Maintaining the accuracy of all accounting ledgers
• Preparing monthly consolidations with multiple currency and intercompany accounting
• Implementing and ensuring SOX compliance and internal controls, proactively identifying process improvement opportunities and advising on follow-up actions
• Responsible for ensuring US GAAP compliance in the company’s consolidated financial reporting, including technical analyses of new and existing accounting pronouncements
• Work with the FP&A Manager with all SEC external reporting requirements and the annual operating budget process
• Timely preparation of financial reporting deliverables to the management team, including monthly reporting packages, board packages, and other ad-hoc analysis as needed
• Effectively handle external audit efforts
• Prepare weekly cash flow forecasts
• Successfully interact with, influence, coordinate and lead both a geographically and culturally diverse set of financial team members, using all tools available, including Microsoft Teams, email, telephone and personal travel as appropriate.
• Manages existing operational accounting and financial reporting systems (Sage, SAP, Xtuple) and play a key role in merging all financial systems under the same platform to improve reporting accuracy, streamline processes, and automate reporting.
• Support M&A and integration efforts, including due diligence and integrating acquired companies into the forecasting and reporting framework, process, and timelines.
• Corporate Controller
• Functional and Brand Unit Leaders
• Banking partners
• Auditors and Tax Consultants
• Accounting & Finance team
Essential Education, Experience and Attributes • Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• In depth knowledge of GAAP accounting
• Accounting management experience
• Audit management experience
• Knowledge of internal controls
• Experience with ERP systems and financial analysis
• SEC and SOX Compliance experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
Desirable Education, Experience and Attributes • Management experience building and leading accounting teams
• Experience with the Sage system
• Timely financial closings
• Accurate and timely reporting
• Process improvements
• Internal customer service
Travel 10% International