Any qualified candidate must be located in the Houston, TX area. Relocation is something covered for the right candidate if necessary
Our client is seeking an experienced Chief Human Resources Officer to join their team and lead their human resources department, ensuring that the HR strategies and initiatives align with business objectives. If you are an experienced HR professional with a passion for talent acquisition, performance evaluation system, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, organizational culture, and compliance, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that support the overall business objectives of Mexilink.
- Build strong relationships with senior leadership to ensure that the HR initiatives are aligned with business goals.
- Ensure KPI’s for the entire organization are aligned with Mexilink’s Strategic Map. Deliver guidance and follow-up with all internal departments to promote the achievement of these performance indicators.
- Oversee talent acquisition, ensuring that the company attracts top talent, while also promoting diversity and inclusion.
- Manage annual performance evaluation systems across the organization.
- Manage compensation and benefits programs, ensuring that they are competitive and aligned with industry standards.
- Promote employee engagement through effective communication, recognition programs, and other initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable HR laws and regulations.
- Develop and lead HR policies and procedures that support the company’s values and culture.
- Manage and develop the HR team, providing guidance, coaching, and support as needed.
- Provide leadership for the HR team, ensuring they are equipped to deliver exceptional HR services to our employees.
- Develop and execute talent management programs, including recruitment, selection, onboarding, training and development, and performance evaluation systems.
- Advise and provide guidance to managers and employees on HR matters, including employee relations, compensation, benefits, legal, compliance and performance evaluations feedback.
- Develop and manage the HR budget and ensure HR initiatives are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage employee communication initiatives to ensure employees are informed of HR policies, programs, and practices.
- Identify top talent to develop programs that provide organizational growth.
- Oversee the company’s succession planning initiatives, ensuring the identification and development of talented individuals to fill key leadership positions.
- Take a leadership role in facilitating and guiding leadership alignment meetings, utilizing established HR strategies to foster effective decision-making and organizational cohesion.
- Assume the responsibility for corporate communication pertaining to human resources, ensuring effective dissemination of relevant information across the organization.
- Formulate and implement strategies aimed at enhancing the management skills of executives, directors, and managers within the company.
- English and Spanish language fluency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field; Masters degree preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in HR, with a minimum of 8 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of HR policies, programs, and practices, including talent management, compensation, benefits, and legal compliance.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a CPG or related industry preferred.
- SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Strategic thinking. Develop effective HR strategies and initiatives.
In the course of their duties, the employee is regularly expected to handle and transport objects weighing up to 10 pounds. The performance of these duties frequently involves sitting, utilizing hands for tactile activities such as touching, handling, or feeling objects, and reaching with hands and arms. Verbal communication and auditory reception are also integral aspects of this role. The position occasionally requires the employee to stand, walk, maintain balance, and perform actions such as stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. The working environment typically presents a moderate noise level. As per U.S. disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. All employees are expected to respect and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, plans and culture.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Annual Salary
- Healthcare plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
Our clients are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.