This position is located in the Houston, TX area. Any qualified candidate must be located there or willing to relocate to that area if hired for this role. This person must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
Our client is seeking an experienced Chief Information Officer, responsible for leading the information technology function and driving digital innovation and efficiency across their organization. You will play a crucial role in connect technology strategies with business goals, managing IT operations, and ensuring data security and compliance. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of how to align IT practices with business objectives, manage IT services effectively, and continuously improve these services to meet changing business needs. You will also be equipped to manage IT risks, optimize IT investments, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards. This position will report directly to the CEO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develop and communicate a comprehensive IT strategy that aligns with the company’s overall business goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to identify technology opportunities, risks, and investment priorities.
- Drive the digital transformation efforts by leveraging technology to improve operational efficiency, enhance customer experience, and enable business growth.
- Identify and implement digital tools and technologies that streamline business processes and drive innovation in product development, supply chain, marketing, and sales.
- Establish and enforce IT governance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and data privacy laws.
- Oversee risk management and cybersecurity practices to protect the company’s data, systems, and infrastructure.
- Manage the overall IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, databases, and software applications, ensuring their reliability, scalability, and security.
- Develop and implement IT service management processes and procedures to support efficient and effective IT operations.
- Develop strategies for data governance, data quality, and data integration to ensure the availability, accuracy, and confidentiality of data.
- Develop, implement, and test plans to ensure business continuity during disruptions and recover critical functions in the event of a disaster. This involves identifying key resources, determining business impact, establishing recovery strategies, and maintaining and testing the plan regularly.
- Drive the development and implementation of a BI strategy that aligns with the company’s goals and objectives. This involves identifying key data sources, implementing the right tools and technologies, and ensuring that users across the organization have access to accurate, timely, and relevant information.
- Use BI to improve decision-making, optimize operations, identify new market opportunities, and enhance customer service. Ensure data integrity, privacy, and security in all BI activities.
- Develop and implement an AI Strategy, understand the business needs and potential applications of AI within the company. This includes exploring opportunities for AI to improve operational efficiency, decision-making, customer experience, and other business aspects.
- Develop a strategic plan for AI adoption that aligns with the company’s overall business goals and IT strategy.
- Oversee the selection, implementation, and management of AI technologies and ensure compliance with ethical and legal standards.
- Drive the adoption and understanding of AI across the organization.
- Monitor AI trends and advancements to keep the company at the forefront of AI usage.
- Drive the adoption of data analytics tools and techniques to generate actionable insights and support data-driven decision-making processes.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with technology vendors, service providers, and strategic partners.
- Negotiate contracts and service-level agreements, monitor performance, and ensure the delivery of high-quality IT services.
- Build and lead a high-performing IT team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Provide mentorship and professional development opportunities to team members, ensuring their growth and keeping them abreast of the latest technology trends.
- Develop and manage the IT budget, ensuring optimal allocation of resources and cost-effective utilization of technology investments.
- Monitor and report on IT expenditures, ROI, and key performance indicators to stakeholders.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Personnel are expected to follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. An MBA or other business-related degree is a plus.
- 8+ years proven experience in a senior IT leadership role, preferably within the CPG industry or a related field.
- English and Spanish language fluency required.
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen, with the ability to align IT initiatives with organizational goals.
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise IT systems, infrastructure, security, data management, and emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in driving digital transformation initiatives and implementing technology solutions at scale.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technology concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in managing budgets, vendor relationships, and strategic partnerships.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, data privacy, and cybersecurity best practices.
- Experience implementing and managing AI and Business Intelligence technologies.
- Project Management skills, PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Experience with change management strategies to implement successful initiatives.
- Familiarity with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems commonly used in the CPG industry, such as SAP, Oracle, or Microsoft Dynamics.
- Knowledge of IT governance frameworks (like COBIT) and ITSM frameworks (like ITIL).
In the course of their duties, the employee is regularly expected to handle and transport objects weighing up to 10 pounds. The performance of these duties frequently involves sitting, utilizing hands for tactile activities such as touching, handling, or feeling objects, and reaching with hands and arms. Verbal communication and auditory reception are also integral aspects of this role.
The position occasionally requires the employee to stand, walk, maintain balance, and perform actions such as stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling. The working environment typically presents a moderate noise level.
As per U.S. disability laws, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. All employees are expected to respect and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, plans and culture.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.