Founded in Atlanta in 2006, Reduce started with a vision to reduce the use of single use plastics. Since then, we have been committed to creating functional, fashionable, and convenient solutions that fit your lifestyle and are proud to be one of the fastest growing brands in our industry! If you are passionate about helping businesses grow and want to work in a modern family-first environment that is flexible and fun, come join our team.
Reduce/Base Brands is recruiting a Chief Marketing Officer to build a brand that matters in consumers’ lives. This executive will design the overarching brand strategy and architecture, own the innovation pipeline, and drive efficient execution across the entire brand experience.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of building a master brand inspired by consumer and market insight. They have fueled brand growth by leveraging purpose and weaving compelling emotional benefits with strong functional benefits. At heart they are a brand poet – a storyteller who has unlocked the magic through logic, data, and analysis. They will represent the Voice of the Consumer on the leadership team and influence the company in considering the consumer while developing product.
The CMO will create scalable strategies including the product road map and processes to drive growth, embrace the values and creativity of the company’s growing business and intensely collaborative culture. The business distribution model is heavily Brick and Mortar focused with only 12 % of sales coming from online business. Digital sales growth is a strategic initiative, so this leader should have solid eCommerce experience. E-Commerce growth through Digital content development, SEO, NPD for online platforms is a key driver in the category.
The role will officially be based in the company offices in Atlanta, GA
- Establish and implement the overall brand vision and strategy. This includes brand positioning, product positioning and priorities and activation focus.
- Provide effective leadership across all marketing functions, including brand marketing, pricing, digital and social, product marketing, performance marketing and all creative development.
- Lead the eCommerce strategy with an initial focus on pure play (e.g., Amazon, and company’s DTC platform) and omni-channel customers (e.g., Walmart, Target).
- Partner closely with Product Development to build a winning innovation pipeline.
- Oversee marketing activation across the entire marketing mix (from media to shelf/cart and beyond) to ensure 1) alignment with business needs and marketing strategies, 2) integration across tactics and 3) effectiveness in increasing brand awareness, connection, purchase, and loyalty.
- Lead an evolution in the Marketing team structure and capabilities to meet the company’s current and future needs. Build a high-performing marketing organization by creating a shared vision, while at the same time developing the skills of individual team members through ongoing mentoring and performance feedback.
- Serve as a member of the Company’s executive team, steering the company’s strategic direction.
- A brand with purpose that resonates with consumers and differentiates our brand.
- A brand that helps deliver or exceed market growth and is consumers’ preferred brand of choice.
- A brand that is seen as category innovation leaders
The Chief Marketing Officer has an opportunity to redefine how the Company’s brands exist in the Beverageware category by leveraging storytelling and engagement with consumers. They bring high energy, a strong results-orientation, and an appreciation for the art + science of marketing. This leader has a proven record of bringing a timeless brand idea to life through timely brand strategies at all relevant consumer touch points. This CMO is a builder who can cultivate a team while focusing relentlessly on driving results. They are excited by a challenge and even more so by winning as a team.
- The ideal candidate will be a sharp, seasoned marketing leader comfortable in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments. This executive will have experience in brand strategy, marketing execution, customer insights and product innovation. They will have the ability to leverage consumer data and insights to drive effective marketing initiatives in an omni-channel environment ensuring performance measurement and optimization. This leader will have experience developing brand building efforts across all touch points that drive demand and loyalty for our products.
- This CMO is a dynamic player/coach with a proven track record of attracting, hiring, and retaining a high caliber team. They will have the ability to motivate and energize both internal and external stakeholders and inspire across the organization. They will be confident but also humble, excited to join a culture in which people like to win together.
- 15+ years building CPG brands and product portfolios in a relevant consumer-oriented business.
- Experience in the housewares category is a plus. Sales experience a plus.
- Has created/executed a master brand, brand architecture and omni-channel communication plan and has developed winning go to market strategies
- Has set a vision for brand growth and put it into tangible and meaningful action.
- Experience in a high-growth environment.
- A combination of best-in-class CPG training with scaling small- and mid-sized companies is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s preferred.
Critical Leadership Capabilities
- Explains specifically how changes in competitors, clients and market segments affect business
- Translates broad corporate strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans for units and individuals.
- Creates plans that address specific need states and deploys demand landscape insights to position the brand against the underserved needs in the category.
- Thinks 2-3 years ahead.
- Acts to surpass goals, seizing opportunities to push the envelope.
- Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives.
- Focuses on new business opportunities that enable business development targets to be exceeded.
- Communicates long-term direction and collaborates with team on how to reach it.
- Delegates strategic objectives to the whole team with clear and explicit intent; knows the precise level of challenge and how individual team members will handle it.
- Sets up forums or practices to reinforce independent and open communication among the team members.
- Holds people accountable for their commitments, providing clarity and outlining in advance ramifications of failure.
- Passionate, authentic, visionary leader capable of driving results throughout the company.
- An entrepreneurial spirit who can roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Performance-focused with a pragmatic approach.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, energetic, and optimistic with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships and influence change.
- Hybrid work environment
- Bonus included in your package
- 5 weeks’ vacation
- 11 paid holidays
- Medical/dental/vision plan options
- Automatic 401(k) matching on the 1st day
- Community Engagement- we are committed to sustainability and reducing our environmental footprint and we are active in the community with multiple charitable organizations.