Is responsible for overseeing financial statements like balance sheets, invoices, accounts payable and accounts receivable. Their duties include directing Accounting Managers and department operations, compiling financial reports based on financial statements and implementing policies and procedures for financial reporting
Leads and directs an organization’s accounting functions. Establishes and maintains the organization’s overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies. Directs all analysis and reporting of financial information including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports. Presents findings and recommendations to management.
• Responsible for timely accurate and efficient accounting close monthly.
• Manages accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, treasury management, procurement, and general ledger accounting.
• Performs technical accounting issue research and resolution.
• Assists the CFO with preparation and completion of the fiscal year budgeting process, evaluates business unit performance against budget and develops forecast, re-forecast, to provide an accurate projection of financial performance.
• Keep up to date on the financial market to understand how to maximize profits and find new expansion areas.
• Supervises the preparation of the monthly management financial reporting package, including variance analysis.
• Reporting of operational data to key members of leadership team, including key metrics on inventory
• Coordinates the creation of periodic Board of Directors reporting packages.
• Manages the annual financial audit process performed by our independent CPA firm.
• Develops, analyzes, documents, and implements internal controls.
• Develops, maintains, and enhances accounting and finance policies, processes, and procedures to comply with US GAAP.
• Seeks opportunities to revise or create new policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting group.
• Responsible for local, state, and federal tax compliance and reporting (including payroll, property and sales and use tax compliance and reporting).
• Manages preparation of regulatory filings.
• Manages debt covenant reporting.
• Establishes and implements short and long-range accounting department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
• Functional and Brand Unit Leaders
• Board of Directors
• Strategic vendors
• Key lenders
• Accounting & Finance team
Essential Education, Experience and Attributes
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
• In depth knowledge of GAAP accounting
• Excellent business acumen
• Excellent people leadership capability
• Accounting management experience
• Audit management experience
• Financial Planning & Analysis expertise
• Deep experience in corporate budgeting
• Expert knowledge of internal controls
• Experience with financial analysis software
• Experience with high growth manufacturing company
• Management experience building and leading accounting teams
• General ledger and other accounting systems experience
• Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
Desirable Education, Experience and Attributes
• Are risk management decisions on point?
• Have effective business and tax planning initiatives been undertaken?
• What capital expenditures have been made? Did they make fiscal sense?
• Have research and development initiatives added value?
• Accuracy of budgeting and forecasting.
• SAP implementation/consolidation of the reporting process.
• Improvement of net margins and key financial ratios improved.
• Overhead costs in line with industry norms.
• How well has working capital been managed?
• Has days sales outstanding (DSO) been improved?
• Number of days involved in the monthly close in line with industry norms.
• What do the numbers show for inventory turns and obsolete inventory/write-offs?
Work Schedule Weekdays during regular office hours. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Report out of the new Jupiter, FL office.
Travel 10% Domestic ☒ International ☒