We are more than healthcare. We are a family of caregivers who see what we do as a calling and treat every person, every time as if they were a loved one. We don’t just heal what hurts. We ease minds and encourage spirits by providing a more personal level of care than ever before—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ which starts with caring for others with uncommon compassion and going above and beyond to make those we serve, feel loved.
Wellness is at the core of what we do, focusing on living a better life today and always. We want everyone to Feel Whole and we see our work as a calling. This is how we make a difference. With our whole-person care, expertise and world-class resources we strive to provide an exceptional experience for all. With hospitals and facilities in over 9 states, our consistent approach to healthcare allows us to live our mission and ensure that our communities are living fuller, healthier lives
Bring your creative talents to a team that is driving change in healthcare.
The Central Florida Innovation Lab creates differentiated products, services, and experiences in the flagship market of AdventHealth. The innovation lab team is part of a larger AdventHealth Design team that works across all markets to bring exceptional consumer experiences to life. These teams report through the Chief Strategy Officer and their work directly impacts the strategic agenda of AdventHealth, one of the United State’s largest non-profit healthcare systems.
As the Design Research Manager at the Central Florida Innovation Lab you lead the team in planning and executing research programs that result in actionable design criteria for the development of new products, services, and customer experiences. You identify consumer needs through research, working closely with direct reports, designers, researchers, and operators to develop deep insights, generate design criteria, and frame design opportunities. You are responsible for end-to-end management of design research with the ability to problem-solve and manage challenges throughout the process. You also contribute to co-creation, iterative prototyping, and strategic planning.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Scope, plan, and execute fieldwork: ethnographic research in hospital environments, in-home visits, co-creative groups, in-depth interviews, in-context inquiry, service safaris, shadowing, and other qualitative research methods as applicable
• Manage design research programs, ensuring high quality research is delivered on time and within financial paraments.
• Manage direct reports and project team to cultivate learning, creative and highly productive work environment.
• Work with team members to analyze and synthesize research findings into well supported reports, presentations, and visual artifacts: ecosystem maps, journey maps, personas, archetypes, etc.
• Partner with internal and external research teams on research briefs. requests for proposals assess vendor proposals, ensure goals are met.
• Communicate research findings to design teams and senior leadership through formal and informal presentations which frame business opportunities.
• Formulate engaging research reports that translate complex findings through written text, illustrations, and audiovisual media.
• Facilitate inspiring, open, and productive design sessions and co-creation workshops for AdventHealth executives and participant teams.
• Synthesize workshop output into strategic recommendations
• Collaborate with consumer intel/market research, marketing, user experience and other internal teams to ensure the consumer’s perspective directly influences solutions.
• Job will require less than 25% travel time within the United States only
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of design thinking/human centered design processes.
• Ability to drive impact through multiple research methodologies and tools, including qualitative methods such as observation, contextual inquiry, individual interviews, group sessions, as well as quantitative surveys and secondary research.
• Able to conduct on-site ethnography and in-hospital contextual interviews, office environments, and in consumers’ homes.
• Ability to derive and communicate actionable insights from complex qualitative research findings, and basic quantitative data sets.
• The Design Research Manager must have strong initiative and follow-through.
• Must be able to build trust with executive clients, understand needs, make relevant recommendations, and establish shared expectations.
• Ability to function as high-level project manager for SVP and Executive Directors as assigned
• They must be able to handle numerous tasks simultaneously, prioritize, meet deadlines, think quickly, and adapt to changing situations; self-motivated and resourceful.
• Ability to effectively manage direct reports, project teams, and external resources to ensure materials are delivered on time and with a high degree of quality.
• Ability to facilitate group meetings and design thinking co-creation sessions with top level executives
• Exhibits good listening and comprehension skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and online collaboration tools such as. Miro, LucidChart, Zoom/ Teams, Microsoft 365, Google Drive, Slack, Asana
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Dynamic presenter and educator in design thinking and innovation
• Knowledge of healthcare administration
• Familiarity with Adobe creative suite as well as basic video/audio editing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of three years of professional work experience planning and conducting design research programs with a primary focus on qualitative methods: interviews, design ethnography, concept evaluation, defining research samples, writing screeners, field schedules, participant pre-work activities, and discussion guides
• Three years experience with moderation across methodologies including focus groups and one-on-one interviews
• Minimum of three years of professional work experience leading multidisciplinary teams to create solutions to complex problems.
• Experience leading project teams to deliver a high-quality collaborative final product in a timely manner
• Experience working with executive leadership
• Portfolio demonstrating ability to manage design projects and lead design teams through analysis and synthesis of primary qualitative data, resulting in actionable recommendations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Experience in consumer product or service design
• Master’s degree in design related field is preferred.
• 5+ years of experience in a design agency and/or innovation team
• 2+ years experience in research in healthcare
• Received formal education/training in design research methologies: ethnography, qualitative data analysis, focus group moderation,
• Invited presenter on innovation and/or design thinking at local or regional society/industry meetings
• (direct management experience preferred)
• Background in advertising, branding, or related field
• Design Project Portfolio demonstrating robust design thinking methodology including journey mapping, robust design research methodology and development clear design criteria.