Lyman Products is seeking a talented and experienced executive with strong leadership skills to direct their marketing team and to achieve the objectives outlined in their strategic plan. We seek a strategic thinker with excellent analytical & project management skills and a proven track record of marketing in a consumer products environment. Candidate will have strong managerial skills and experience working in a social media environment. Position reports to the CEO.
- Responsibilities include developing an overall marketing plan and maintaining a strategy that supports the company’s legacy brands with high level focus on its new Mark 7 division.
- Manage the company’s marketing team while maximizing resources within the company’s marketing budget.
- Oversee the company’s promotion and advertising efforts to drive sales and build brand awareness while measuring the return on investment of various advertising methods.
- Develop and implement results driven plans to support sales growth in multiple customer trade channels.
- Direct and oversee social media marketing strategy through data gathering
- Research new product opportunities for incremental growth and work with engineering and manufacturing teams to assure their successful introduction.
- Staying current in the industry by attending educational opportunities, conferences, and workshops, reading publications, and maintaining personal and professional networks.
- Position Requirements:
- A bachelor’s or MBA degree in marketing, business administration, or related field.
- 10 years’ experience in a senior marketing position, preferably in the outdoor industry. Knowledge of the shooting sports industry a plus.
- Strong skill set in direct-to-consumer retail marketing and brand development.
- Knowledge of internet marketing campaigns, including SEO
- Ability to interact and make presentations to the Board of Directors.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative thinking skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to motivate a team
- Knowledge of ERP systems and strong written communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.