This position is located in Vernon, California. Any qualified applicant would need to be located in that area.
The Director of Operations will navigate growth and oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, ensuring that the organization is well managed and growing while performing efficiently and effectively. This person will be responsible for operations at the company’s headquarters location in Vernon, CA.
- Direct the departmental managers
- Review and improve operational process flows
- Establish new, and review existing contract manufacturing partners
- Review and improve contract manufacturing processes
- Establish and monitor Cybersecurity policies
- Establish and manage an internal HR function
- Establishes quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business procedures around warehousing, manufacturing, and importing.
- Responsible for reducing shrinkage and streamlining policies and procedures around inventory.
- Responsible for hitting KPIs and operating within facility budgets.
- Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations.
- Ensures work facility is well maintained; work environment is clean, tidy and safe.
- Plans, directs, controls, implements, evaluates, monitors, and forecasts budgets and cost of sales in each division to achieve financial objectives.
- Directly lead projects involving IT such as EDI integrations and Cybersecurity
- Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures to managers; for major changes, meets with entire operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Leads coordination and integration of efforts among operations, engineering, technology, and customer service divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes.
- Projects a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community.
- Initiate and provide leadership towards short and long-term business plans or possible new ventures.
- Set and manage company behavioral standards around conduct, recruitment, advancement, and retention.
- Maintain compliance with any regulations or standards related to the company operations set by any government agency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of practices, theories, and policies involved in doing business with big box retailers, Amazon and eCommerce partners.
- Experience with manufacturing or contract manufacturing management
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- First class leadership and communication skills.
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to develop and execute new growth directives.
- Experience leading ERP and Cybersecurity initiatives.
- Expertise in the retail and distribution industry.
- Experience working with regulatory entities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or 7+ years of industry experience required.
- Experience supporting distribution to major retailers.
- Experience with importing of consumer goods.
- Experience leading factories with a focus on plastics or stainless steel highly preferred.
- MBA preferred.