Demonstrate the ability and experience of leading other engineers with a minimum of 10 years practical manufacturing engineering experience including CNC Machining and product assembly. This candidate must possess a working knowledge of process development, lean manufacturing techniques and a strong background in metal removal. The best qualified Engineering Manager will be a firearms enthusiast that is ambitious and self-reliant with a problem-solving focus and be able to function autonomously.
Reports to: Plant Manager
- Design new firearm products from concept to production.
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management on product requirements and development of cost models.
- Mentor and coach team members for continual growth of their individual engineering and leadership skills; promote and approve professional development activities for staff.
- Maintain all standard operating procedures for all aspects of the Engineering team.
- Coordinate prototype build, test, and evaluation.
- Maintain and develop all standard operating procedures for all aspects of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related projects as needed.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
Minimum Previous Experience:
- 10 years’ experience with CNC machining and product assembly, 5 years minimum experience in Small Arms design and product development.
- Must be able to work in a team, lead, plan, and execute.
- Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
- 5 years CAD/CAM
Minimum Additional Training:
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Live Tooling Lathe
- 4 and 5 Axis Milling
- Manufacturing Methods and Procedures
- Manufacturing Quality
- Product Development
- Presenting Technical Information