Based in Laval Quebec
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Manager, FP&A, Budget and Costing plays a key role in the Finance and Accounting team of Neptune Wellness Solutions. He/she is responsible the consolidated annual budget process and of monthly and quarterly forecasts for the public entity and business units as well as overseeing the costing department. He/she is also responsible for the preparation of the corporate division’s budget as well as the shared services budget as well as supervising the cash position of the Company.
He/she prepares and reviews analysis and reports to understand the variations of various accounts to budget for the corporate division and the shared services. He/she reviews all the costing and PPV analysis for inventory and cost of goods sold on a monthly basis.
In parallel the Manager, FP&A, Budget and Costing will collaborate in special projects such as business acquisitions and the integration of acquisitions.
Consolidated Budget & FP&A
- Responsible for the preparation of the consolidated annual budget process as well as the monthly and quarterly forecasts for Neptune Wellness Solutions Inc.
- Responsible for the preparation of the corporate division’s budget including the shared services department and to identify its areas of risks and or opportunities for improvement
- Responsible for various variance analysis of actuals to budget for the corporate division and for the shared services in collaboration with the accounting and finance team
- Responsible for weekly cash position reports
- Responsible for ad hoc analysis and reports to assist Director of Finance and Senior Management in key decision making and financing process
- Collaborate and support the Director of Finance in special projects such as business acquisitions and their integration
- Regular interaction with members of the Management team (CFO, Director of Finance, and VPs of various cost centers)
- Oversee the Monitor performance and determine improvement areas using key performance indicators for successful manufacturing operations for BUs
- Oversee the Conduct cost variance analysis against established standards and identify and report major variances for BUs assigned
- Present the recommended corrective actions to resolve manufacturing issues related to inventory and PPV as well as in the cost and variance analysis for BUs assigned
- Supervise two costing analysts
- CPA, designation with a combined 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience with public corporations and public accounting (IFRS) (US GAAP knowledge a plus)
- Strong knowledge of costing models for production and manufacturing business lines
- Ability and talent for analysis and data synthesis
- Ability to question the status quo and suggest new ways of doing
- Ease to interact with members of Senior Management
- Organized and autonomous
- Excellent knowledge of English and French (spoken and written)
- Solid knowledge of systems (SAP or ERP equivalent), including Excel