Jobar International, Inc. is home to 8 proprietary consumer brands bringing value priced products to market that make life easier. Our product range includes Kitchen, Pet, Beauty, Housewares, Garden, and more! Our long list of global customers includes ecommerce, retail stores, catalogs, distributors, and corporate gifting. We are a 49-year strong family-owned business that values relationships, integrity, and performance. Join our team today for an exciting opportunity to learn, grow, and contribute to our success.
Jobar is a fast-paced, high energy consumer products company searching for a Product Manager to develop new items, grow current brands and assortments, and recommend new brands and category refreshes based on market intelligence. The Product Manager holds an integral role in overall company success. The ideal candidate will have a passion for product, be a strategic, yet creative thinker with experience launching innovative products in Specialty Retail Stores and Ecommerce. We offer a hybrid work schedule, with up to 2 days/week remote after training is complete.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Source, develop, analyze, and manage products within assigned brands and categories
- Monitor market and customer trends via store visits, online, and catalog analysis
- Provide direction for product life cycle from launch to end of life rationalization
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to recommend packaging and marketing collateral for new product launches
- Work with internal and/or external industrial designers, engineers, toolmakers, and other cross-functional teams to ensure newly developed products are manufactured to the QC standards
- Manage Product Coordinator and ensure accurate item set up documentation and on time delivery
- Source factories and manufacturers (domestic and international) for new products
- Strong understanding of all elements of our business – supply chain, design, sell-in, in-store merchandising, online merchandising, distribution, etc.
- Work with QC manager to ensure customer regulatory compliance requirements and testing necessary to bring products to market and that US and global compliance standards are met
- Communicate product features and benefits to marketing and sales teams for effective marketing campaigns and product collateral
- Create annual product budget based on revenue and profit goals
- Create annual strategic product growth plans
- Provide solutions to manufacturing challenges
- Collaborate with Sales in preparing customer product presentations and attend customer meetings (virtual and on-site)
- Passion for product!
- 5+ years product development experience
- 5+ years international sourcing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Organized, detail oriented, with high attention to accuracy
- Capable of managing multiple projects, deadlines, and changing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strategic thinking and decision-making skills
- Price Negotiation
- Problem Solving
We offer the following to successful candidates:
- Competitive salary with discretionary bonus depending on company and individual performance
- Advancement Opportunities
- Medical and Dental Insurance Programs
- Profit Sharing Plan